CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER/BUILDING CODE OFFICIAL
South Park Township is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of full-time Code Enforcement Officer/Building Code Official. The successful candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in planning and zoning matters, and code enforcement. Building Code Official certification and Residential Building Code certification preferred, or have the ability to certify within one (1) year of employment. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task and handle issues related to code complaints, and possess strong communication and organizational skills. The position requires the applicant to be able to handle a number of physical tasks, indoors and outdoors, in varying weather conditions. Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications. Excellent benefits package. Submit cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to: Karen Fosbaugh, Township Manager, South Park Township, 2675 Brownsville Road, South Park, PA 15129. Deadline for submission is February 14, 2019.
South Park Township is an equal opportunity employer.
1. Work under the direction of the Township Manager.
2. Familiarity with the review and permitting process for zoning compliance.
3. Assist Zoning Hearing Board with the variance appeal process.
4. Assist Planning Commission with coordination and processing of applications:
a. subdivision and land developments;
b. rezoning applications;
c. PRD applications; and
d. miscellaneous tasks related to planning and zoning.
5. Familiarity with grading and land use regulations.
6. Applicant must possess UCC certification as a BCO and certification as a residential building inspector, or the ability to secure the requested certifications within one (1) year. Any other certifications will be considered.
7. Applicant must be responsible for the enforcement of the Code of the Township of South Park, including but not limited to nuisances, grass, weeds, unused vehicles, etc.
8. Ability to work well with the public and to interface with other departments, as well as outside consultants.
9. Salary commensurate with experience.