PART-TIME CHILDREN'S & TEEN LIBRARY ASSISTANT -
SOUTH PARK TOWNSHIP LIBRARY
South Park Township Library is seeking a Part-Time Children’s and Teen Library Assistant.
SUMMARY: The children’s and teen library assistant will provide children’s and teen programming and collection development for the juvenile and young adult collections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and promotes positive working relationships with staff and public
- Understands and adheres to library procedures and policies
- Assists with planning Summer Reading program and activities
- Plans and implements children’s and teen programming during the school year
- Provides juvenile and young adult collection development planning and maintenance
- Assists with circulation of materials
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience working with children and/or teens.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of library software is preferred
- Experience as a children’s librarian and/or MLIS or early education degree preferred
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
*All library positions require the following criminal background and child abuse clearances: Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services, and fingerprint ID based on federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI).
South Park Township Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.