ASSISTANT RECREATION DIRECTOR
South Park Township is seeking a qualified candidate for the part-time position of Assistant Recreation Director. Candidates must possess a take-charge personality with the ability to hit-the-ground running. The candidate must be well-organized, extremely attentive to detail, and have the ability to work well with the public, various athletic associations and within a group environment. Under the general direction of the Recreation Director, the Assistant Director will assist with planning, organizing, scheduling, coordinating and implementing innovative recreational activities, classes and events. Strong computer skills are required. 18-24 hours of employment per week with a flexible work schedule. Limited weekend and evening hours required. Rate of pay for this position is $15.00 per hour. Candidate will also be required to immediately obtain the appropriate clearances to work in a position interacting with children. Interested parties are to submit a resume and cover letter by August 16, 2019, to Karen Fosbaugh, Township Manager, South Park Township, 2675 Brownsville Road, South Park, PA 15129.
1. Work under the direction of the Recreation Director, or in her absence, the Township Manager.
2. Ability to work independently and to assist the Recreation Director with planning, organizing, scheduling, coordinating and implementing innovative recreational activities, classes and events.
3. Ability to work well with the public, within a group environment, and with various athletic associations.
4. Must possess strong organizational skills and be very attentive to detail.
5. Strong computer skills needed to track field schedules, Summer Recreation Program rosters, and basketball program team rosters.
6. Participate in Recreation Board monthly meetings held once per month.
7. Must immediately obtain appropriate clearances to work in a position interacting with children.
8. Part-time position with 18-24 hours of employment per week and flexible work schedule.
9. Rate of pay $15.00 per hour.
10. Prior experience a plus.